Are you a TOP GUN in NavRules?You think you're ready for the NavRules test? Take the NavRules Challenge and find out!!
1. BOTH INTERNATIONAL & INLAND A towing light, according to the Rules, is a __________.
2. BOTH INTERNATIONAL & INLAND The maximum length of a power-driven vessel which may show an all-round white light and sidelights instead of a masthead light, sidelights and a sternlight is __________.
3. BOTH INTERNATIONAL & INLAND If a sailing vessel with the wind on the port side sees a sailing vessel to windward and cannot tell whether the other vessel has the wind on the port or starboard side, she shall __________.
hold course and speed
sound the danger signal
keep out of the way of the other vessel
turn to port and come into the wind
4. BOTH INTERNATIONAL & INLAND What is a vessel "restricted in her ability to maneuver"?
A vessel not under command
A vessel constrained by her draft
A vessel underway in fog
A vessel towing unable to deviate from her course
5. INTERNATIONAL ONLY When moving from a berth alongside a quay (wharf), a vessel must sound __________.
three short blasts
a long blast
a prolonged blast
No signal is required.
6. BOTH INTERNATIONAL & INLAND A vessel being towed astern, where the length of the tow exceeds 200 meters, will exhibit __________.
two balls in a vertical line
a diamond shape where it can best be seen
a ball on each end of the tow
7. INLAND ONLY Under the Inland Navigation Rules, what is the meaning of a one short blast signal used when meeting another vessel?
"I am turning to starboard."
"I am turning to port."
"I intend to leave you on my starboard side."
"I intend to leave you on my port side."
8. BOTH INTERNATIONAL & INLAND At specified intervals, a vessel towing in fog shall sound __________.
one prolonged blast
two prolonged blasts
one prolonged and two short blasts in succession
one prolonged and three short blasts in succession
9. BOTH INTERNATIONAL & INLAND If you saw flames aboard a vessel but could see the vessel was not on fire, you would know that the __________.
crew was trying to get warm
vessel required immediate assistance
vessel was attempting to attract the attention of a pilot boat
vessel was being illuminated for identification by aircraft
10. BOTH INTERNATIONAL & INLAND According to the Rules, a vessels length is her __________.
length between the perpendiculars
length along the waterline