Are you a TOP GUN in NavRules?You think you're ready for the NavRules test? Take the NavRules Challenge and find out!!
1. BOTH INTERNATIONAL & INLAND All fog signals shall be sounded every two minutes with the exception of a vessel __________.
underway or making way
under sail or under tow
anchored or aground
not under command or restricted in her ability to maneuver
2. INTERNATIONAL ONLY Which vessel shall avoid impeding the safe passage of a vessel constrained by her draft?
A vessel not under command
A fishing vessel
A vessel restricted in her ability to maneuver
All of the above
3. INLAND ONLY A vessel engaged in public safety activities may display an alternately flashing red and yellow light. This special light may be used by a vessel engaged in __________.
search and rescue
restricted in ability to maneuver
not under command
river bank protection
4. BOTH INTERNATIONAL & INLAND A vessel engaged in fishing, and at anchor, should exhibit __________.
an anchor light
sidelights and sternlight
three lights in a vertical line, the highest and lowest being red, and the middle being white
None of the above
5. BOTH INTERNATIONAL & INLAND In restricted visibility, a vessel restricted in her ability to maneuver, at anchor, would sound a fog signal of __________.
the rapid ringing of a bell for five seconds every minute
two prolonged and two short blasts every two minutes
one prolonged and two short blasts every two minutes
two prolonged and one short blast every two minutes
6. BOTH INTERNATIONAL & INLAND A power-driven vessel with a 150-meter stern tow shall display __________.
three masthead lights in a vertical line
a towing light above the sternlight
two towing lights in a vertical line
a red light over a white light at the masthead
7. BOTH INTERNATIONAL & INLAND What would NOT be a distress signal?
"MAYDAY" sent by radiotelephone
Continuous sounding of fog horn
Green star shells fired from a launcher
Square flag and ball in a vertical line
8. BOTH INTERNATIONAL & INLAND What is the identity signal which may be sounded by a vessel engaged on pilotage duty in fog?
2 short blasts
3 short blasts
4 short blasts
5 short blasts
9. INLAND ONLY When power-driven vessels are in a crossing situation, one short blast by either vessel would mean __________.
"I intend to leave you on my port side"
"I intend to hold course and speed"
"I intend to change course to starboard"
"I request a departure from the rules"
10. INLAND ONLY A law enforcement vessel patrolling a marine regatta may show either a flashing blue light or __________.
two amber lights in a horizontal line
an alternately flashing red and yellow light
a high intensity flashing white light (strobe)
a fixed green light over a red flashing light